1st Readings from the Old Testament
The following are the most popular readings at Catholic Weddings ~
1) Genesis 2:18-24 "It is not good for the man to be alone."
2) Tobit 8:4b-8 "Now, Lord, you know that I take this wife of mine not because of lust, but for a noble purpose."
3) Genesis 1:26-28, 31a "Let us make man in our own image after our likeness."
4) Sirach 26:1-4, 13-16 "Happy is the husband of a good wife:the number of his days will be doubled."
5) Song of Songs 2:8-10, 14, 16a and 8:6-7a "The voice of my beloved, look, he comes, leapons upon the mountains, bounding over the hills."
6) Proverbs 31:10-13, 19-20, 30-31 "A capable wife who can find? She is far more precious than jewels."
7) Jeremiah 31:31-32a, 33-34a "The days are surely coming, says the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel."
8) Genesis 24:48-51, 58-67 "Then I bowed my head and worshiped the Lord, and blessed the Lord, the God of my master Abraham."
9) Tobit 7:6-14 "Eat and drink, and be merry tonight. For no one except you, brother, has the right to marry my daughter Sarah."