Responsorial Psalms for Weddings
The following are new settings, written by Brendan, of the most popular
Catholic Weddings Psalms.
The psalm can be read, but should be sung whenever possible. When singing the psalm, the goal is for the text to come through as clearly as possible. The musical setting of the psalm should help the psalmist (person singing the psalm) convey the tone and meaning of the psalm to the congregation, helping them to pray the text.
For Church Weddings where a mass is not celebrated, Brendan has written a collection of 'Wedding Refrains' - psalm like adaptations of the Gospel readings.
Listen Psalm Sheet
Audio Response Music
1) Psalm 33 ~ "The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord."
2) Psalm 145 ~ "The Lord is good to all, and compassion
is over all that he has made."
3) Psalm 103 ~ "The Lord is kind and merciful."
4) Psalm 34 ~ "I will bless the Lord at all times." /or/
"Taste and see the goodness of the Lord."
5) Psalm 148 ~ "Happy are those who fear the Lord."
6) Psalm 128 ~ "Happy are those who fear the Lord."
7) Psalm 112 "Happy are those who do what the Lord commands."
1) Wedding Refrain: 1 Corinthians 13:1-4 "Love is patient, love is kind"
2) Wedding Refrain: Romans 8:31-39 "Nothing is able to separate us from the love of God in Jesus Christ our Lord."
3) Wedding Refrain: Ephesians 5:2a, 25-32 "Follow Christ by loving as he loved you."